What is StartWheel?
StartWheel is an online platform that curates and coordinates entrepreneurial activities taking place across Hampton Roads, Virginia, also known as #The757.
Why is StartWheel needed?
Hampton Roads has a population that exceeds 1.7 million people. Within the region, there are 17 jurisdictions, 16 military bases, 11 colleges and universities, a NASA research laboratory, a federal laboratory, and the deepest port on the East Coast.
A footprint that size generates a staggering number of entrepreneurial activities. The two most significant challenges faced by entrepreneurs are: How do I get integrated into the entrepreneurial community, and how can I leverage this community to grow my business with things like events, access to talent, funding, and marketing my business.
StartWheel solves the challenge!
StartWheel is the conduit or connective tissue across the entrepreneurial ecosystem. StartWheel connects entrepreneurs to the community of resources, educational institutions, news, education, and events across the region.
By serving as a “one-stop shop”, entrepreneurs only need to visit one information source to get the information they need to start, grow, and succeed.
- Consolidates all the news and information that you need to know to start and grow a business and interact with the
- Coordinates all the entrepreneurial events that are taking place either online or in person. We’ve eliminated the need to check multiple calendars, we have everything listed in one place for your convenience. Meetups, learning opportunities or celebrations…StartWheel has you covered.
- Celebrates all the entrepreneurial successes that are taking place around the region. StartWheel serves as the voice of the community to help amplify your success to a broader audience.
- Provides job posting services to help entrepreneurs find the talent they need to grow.
- Introduces the community to founders and businesses across the region through the Fervent Four Show, a weekly podcast that also provides the tips and techniques businesses need to achieve $1M in annual revenue, something only 4% of businesses achieve.
Why we need your support?
StartWheel is a 501c3 charitable organization that is solving one of the area’s biggest challenges…helping entrepreneurs find the quickest path to success.
Your resources allow us to collect, consolidate and share the information needed across our growing network. Keeping up with the latest and greatest within our region is more than a full-time job.
StartWheel is leading the charge! For the past two consecutive years, we were voted as the #1 resource for the best startup program in Hampton Roads. With your financial support, you too can demonstrate your support to the entrepreneurial community and together we can build the momentum needed to create the next generation of businesses and entrepreneurship in the region.
StartWheel curated audience now reaches more than 20,000 people per month and those numbers are growing. There are numerous ways to sponsor the activities of StartWheel and show your support of our entrepreneurial community in Hampton Roads including:
Platinum Sponsorship: $25,000 per year to become the Named Sponsor of the StartWheel Website www.startwheel.org, the StartWheel Weekly Newsletter, or the Fervent Four Show.
Gold Sponsorship: $15,000 per year to become the Named Sponsor of a website content area such as the Calendar, the Resource Directory, or the Job Posting section.
Silver Sponsorship: $10,000 per year to be the Named Sponsor of a Resource Category such as Accounting, Banking, Legal, or Marketing.
Bronze Sponsorship: $5,000 per year to be listed prominently as a StartWheel Trusted Partner within any of the Resource Categories on the website.
In addition, to show your support of our entrepreneurial community all Sponsors, regardless of level, will be:
- prominently featured on our website
- prominently featured in our weekly newsletter
- press release announcing sponsorship
- appear on The Fervent Four Show
- designated as a preferred and trusted partner of the StartWheel community
- author an expert column for the StartWheel website for entrepreneurs
- mentioned on social media as a trusted partner of the StartWheel community
- display special offers on the weekly newsletter
- special introductions and mentions at events and socials
How is StartWheel measuring up to the task?
StartWheel is proud to share that we were recently voted by the Hampton Roads community as the #1 resource for the best startup program in #The757 in back-to-back years. With your support, we can keep charging forward to create the next generation of businesses and entrepreneurship in the region.
How you benefit?
When you become a StartWheel sponsor, you are immediately connected with our entrepreneurial community that exceeds thousands of entrepreneurs, supporters, and decision-makers.
With your contribution you will be:
- Featured on our website as a recommended entrepreneurial supporter and/or vendor
- Featured on our social media as a recommended entrepreneurial supporter and/or vendor
- Featured in our newsletter
- Able to host a class or workshop in your area of expertise
Please contact Tim Ryan with any questions about StartWheel Sponsorships
Download our Sponsorship Flyer