Website Psionic, Inc
Director of Finance
The Director will provide strategic leadership and establish the company’s overall financial and contractual environment, including pricing; and will ensure all proper controls and systems are in place-including sufficient capital and financial information-for the company to operate soundly and compliantly. This position will be the company’s senior most finance role reporting directly to the CEO.
The successful candidate must have at least twenty (20) years of leading accounting/finance/contracts/ teams across multiple functions; in-depth exposure to federal government contracts and strong understanding of government contract accounting; manufacturing experience; prior experience, and Treasury management skills.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plan of organization.
- Identify, acquire and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information. Evaluate departments and make suggestions for automating processes and increasing working efficiency.
- Communicate, engage and interact with Board of Directors, CEO, COO and Executive Leadership Team.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Select and engage consultants, auditors and investors.
- Recruit, interview and hire finance, accounting and payroll staff as required.
- Serve as a key member of executive leadership team and round table discussion panel.
- Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational models.
- Interact with and bring department into line with Board of Directors’ plans, initiatives and recommendations.
- Implement policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate by senior leadership team.
- Financial Analysis, Budgeting, and Forecasting:
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by division, forecast vs. budget by division and weekly cash flow by division.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings.
- Manage financial planning and analysis department. Supervise creation of reports, software implementation and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
- Participate in weekly conference calls with Lenders, Vendors and Executive Leadership Team
- Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations:
- Supervise the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases and financial software. Provide regular maintenance and backup of all accounting systems and supervise company financial staff.
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for federal funders, foundations, investors and company’s board of directors.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of weekly, monthly and annual financial statements.
- Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Oversee preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Hire, develop and manage accounting directors, managers and staff
- Coordinate and strategize methods used to attain team goals senior accounting staff.
- Oversee weekly cash management and AP Department, approve large payables, sign checks, authorize large wires and ACHs
- Financial Management
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Oversee cash, investments and asset management area.
- Explore new investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organization’s plans and operating budgets
- Financial Relations and Policies:
- Engage finance committee and/or board of directors to develop short term and long term plans, projections and budgets.
- Represent company to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, public auditors and officials.
- Remain current on audit best practices as well as state, federal and local laws regarding company operations.
- Team Management:
- Mentor and develop a team of 10 senior managers and/or directors, managing work allocation, systems training, performance evaluations, and the building of an effective and efficient team dynamic.
- Guide larger, cross-divisional teams outside of direct span of control within the three main company divisions
- BS in Accounting or Finance is required and CPA highly preferred
- Minimum of 15 years of demonstrated experience leading accounting/finance/contracts
- Experience with FAR and DFARs
- Finance experience (debt/equity)
- M&A and FP&A
- Ability to work with limited direction in a fast-paced environment, owner mentality
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Contracts and Legal experience
- Leading Company Strategy
- Aerospace & Defense
- Private Equity series raises
- CM Experience
- Public market experience and public accounting
- Investor relations
- Distressed financial situation
Full Job Listing: https://psionic.isolvedhire.com/jobs/662696.html
To apply for this job please visit psionic.isolvedhire.com.