Website Psionic, Inc
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a Controls Engineer to provide system design and development leadership for pointing, stabilization and control of our second generation lidar system. These systems support defense and space contracts as well as the fast-moving autonomous vehicle sector.
Projects will include system and component design, modeling and experimentation to support flight system development. Work requires mechanical, opto-electronics and control theory knowledge, algorithm development, coding and a system generalist’s mind-set to rigorously capture the current system performance as well as potential and actual future improvements. Our successful candidate will support lab demonstrations, field tests, and prototype builds to be supplied to potential customers for testing in their systems.
The work involves analyzing, designing, simulating, fabricating, testing, and conducting performance validation and verification of electronic data processing, controls, and instrumentation systems. Fast turnaround and reliable board design are critical. These will be used for detecting, recording, measuring, or controlling physical conditions, phenomena, and environments encountered in DoD aerospace development programs.
Major Responsibilities as an Engineer
- Design, develop and test advanced electro-optic stabilization, pointing and scanning systems.
- Serves as lead for our effort to identify, procure, test and evaluate these systems for multiple applications, from space RPO to collision avoidance for ships and ground vehicles to Counter UAS.
- Must have multidisciplinary experience and utilize industry standards for electronic systems simulation and incorporate these into custom models for Psionic components and systems
- Generate and review development and design approaches for adequacy, feasibility, cost, and conformance to overall goals and best engineering practices.
- Support for software and systems integration activities.
- Presents results at project reviews and technical conferences.
- Ensure assigned aerospace and/or ground support equipment meet project objectives and environmental conditions and are compatible with ground data acquisition and processing capabilities.
- Write and review technical goals and approaches, monitoring progress during development, design, and testing. Provide advanced technical assistance in development, design, and integration of technologies and systems.
Additional Responsibilities as a Technical Specialist
- Reviews and analyzes existing systems design in order to initiate redesign or modifications to improve operational effectiveness of hardware and software.
- Designs or directs the development of unique or leading-edge technology, hardware, equipment, or systems to meet specific mission requirements.
- Hands-on electronic circuit skills for troubleshooting and modifications are important.
- Works as part of engineering team efforts related to the study, development, and test of hardware, data system components, or equipment.
- Supports design, development and testing, including upgrades, parts reliability requirements, failure analysis/corrective action investigations, special lab tests, performance evaluations, and design audits of in-house and contracted projects and provides status to senior program management.
- Oversees the day-to-day development activities of the design team in support of the project manager’s work plan.
- Performs additional data systems and analysis work as required.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of electronics, analog/digital design, and controls engineering.
- Mid-level Engineer (8-12 yrs experience).
- Experience working in teams to formulate, design, develop, modify, implement, calibrate, and field deploy difficult electronic measurement and instrumentation systems or other ground systems, or subsystems for laboratory, aero, or space flight systems.
- Experience with full life cycle development.
- Experience in the field of electro-optical stabilization, pointing and scanning systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose issues that arise during testing.
Education and Qualifications
- BS degree or higher in Electrical or Systems Engineering is required
- Significant hands-on experience is required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- An ability to learn new skills and adapt to new technologies
Full Job Listing: https://psionic.isolvedhire.com/jobs/732598.html