Website Alan B. Miller Entrepreneurship Center at William & Mary
Assistant Director, Operations
The Assistant Director is an integral member of the Alan B. Miller Entrepreneurship Center team at the William & Mary Raymond A. Mason School of Business. Working closely with the Executive Director, the Assistant Director is responsible for the coordination of Miller Center resources and the planning and execution of signature Entrepreneurship Center programs, including those connected to Launchpad Venture Incubator, resulting in consistent, high-quality programming for Miller Center constituents including students, faculty, staff, and regional entrepreneurs. This position is responsible for the programmatic operations of the Miller Center and is the first point of contact for all Center program needs. This will include daily high-touch professional communication with students and entrepreneurs and interaction with faculty, alumni, prospective students, and guests.
The Assistant Director provides counsel on a broad range of initiatives while contributing to the development and implementation of opportunities that further the Center’s mission to equip entrepreneurial thinkers to make a positive impact. The position is part of a highly collaborative, student-oriented team environment and includes student staff and graduate assistant supervision alongside program design, implementation, and evaluation.
- Program & Event Management – Providing logistical management of Miller Center’s customer-oriented programs and events including Launchpad.
- Resource Management – Managing the various Miller Center resources that provide value to stakeholders outside of events (mentor network, student workforce, seed funding).
- Data Management – Collecting and managing data related to program engagement. Tracking relevant data and developing reports that can be used by leadership in decision-making.
- Bachelor’s degree in higher education administration, business, or a related field or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Knowledge of entrepreneurial programs and educational methodologies.
- Knowledge of project planning, and statistical analysis and interpretation.
- Considerable knowledge of adult education.
- Demonstrated skills in program management to include educational-based research analyses, assessment, compiling statistical data collection, troubleshooting, maintaining records, and reporting written and verbal outcomes.
- Demonstrated technical skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel); online meeting software such as Zoom, WebEx, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service, and meet deadlines, while utilizing strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and to effectively work with multi-cultural populations that support diversity, cultural understanding and inclusion.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with a team, and to lead the work of others to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate complex program activities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive data.
- Master’s degree or graduate coursework in higher education administration, business, or a related field.
- Prior experience in a higher education or public agency environment.
- Prior experience working with W&M systems and applications, i.e., America To Go, Banner, Chrome River, Box.
- Experience in event support and planning.
Advertised Pay Range:
$35,136 – $54,055, commensurate with education, experience, and equity.
View Full Job Listing Here: https://jobs.wm.edu/postings/48614
To apply for this job please visit jobs.wm.edu.