This workshop is a must if you are considering a National Institutes of Health (NIH) SBIR or STTR submission. In addition to up-to-date information on the SBIR/STTR programs, you’ll receive detailed instruction on developing a competitive proposal for NIH’s SBIR/STTR program.
Session Topics Include:
- An overview of the SBIR/STTR programs, including eligibility, and sources of funding;
- Registration process necessary for submission;
- An introduction to NIH, and essential information for selecting an institute appropriate for your technology;
- How to contact and communicate with program officials;
- How to approach each section of the proposal;
- NIH Proposal Prep: Understanding the NIH review process, writing your Specific AIMS page, research strategy and preparing proposals components for maximum impact, other critical details of the proposal; the importance of your team, facilities and budget;
- Strategies for targeting your proposal to meet the reviewers’ expectations;
- Common pitfalls, how to avoid them, and more!
This session is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration.
- Andrea Johanson, Ph.D, Principal Consultant, BBC ETC
- Megan Varnum, Ph.D, Principal Consultant, BBC ETC
COST: Virginia based companies/Va. University $25; All Others $75