The Department of Defense and its participating components award over $1.7B annually in SBIR/STTR funding. This three-hour webinar recording presents proposal preparation tips for those targeting a DOD SBIR/STTR submission.
Topics covered include:
- Proposal Basics — What is a proposal, how proposals are scored (not read), and how to write to the DOD SBIR/STTR evaluator;
- How to Make a Bid/No Bid Decision — evaluating the DOD topic requirements, determining if a topic “wired”, understanding potential competition, resources needed to submit;
- Pre-Solicitation ideas for “next time” — tips on getting a topic idea inserted into future opportunities;
- Passed the ROI test and ready to bid — The true cost of bidding, bid prep tips, developing an elevator pitch, project plans, and commercialization strategy;
- Preparing the Proposal — Following directions, understanding the topic description, understanding the agencies objectives, what goes into the proposal (from outline to specific content). This event is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Presented by Randy Simpson, TechOpp Consulting
- Virginia based companies & Virginia University: $25
- All Others: $75 per person
Duration: 3 hours