On March 22nd, the first set of finalists for the 2023 Start Peninsula was announced following an online Micro Pitch competition. The finalists were AdvisorFinder, Game On!, and InfraSGA. In total, ten pitchers participated.
- AdvisorFinder is an online marketplace to help people find a financial advisor.
- Game On! Will soon be a café that taps into the $25 billion video gaming market along with traditional sports and tabletop games.
- InfraSGA is a bioretention solution that marries simplicity, uniformity, and an adaptability package for urbanized and highly-constrained environments to prevent or control flooding.
Each finalist will receive a $500 prize and is invited to participate in the Championship Pitch event on November 8th, where they will have a chance to win $5,000 to support their business growth, and they will also have free access to local resources.
The next Start Peninsula micro pitch competition will be held on Wednesday, April 19th. Early-stage businesses are invited to apply to participate. Two additional micro pitch competitions will be held on September 13th and October 11th.
Judges for the first Micro Pitch included:
- Beau Turner, 757 Makerspace
- Marty Kaszubowski, ICAP mentor
- William Mcpheat, ICAP mentor
Start Peninsula 2023 is hosted by York County, in partnership with the Cities of Hampton, Newport News, Williamsburg and Poquoson and James City County. Start Peninsula has been held annually in different Peninsula localities since 2012. For more information about Start Peninsula, please visit its website, or the FAQ page.
Media Contact: Matt Johnson: 757-890-3306; Matt.Johnson@yorkcounty.gov