Media Contact: Hunter Walsh, email@example.com, (757) 403-2085
NORFOLK, Va. (November 2022) — 18 new early-stage founders will join the growing founder community at 757 Startup Studios this week. Entrepreneurs will join a budding community of innovators and creators at the Assembly campus. Since its launch in May 2021, over 50 startups have participated in the 757 Startup Studios program that aims to reduce barriers and obstacles to growth-minded, early-stage founders. “This group of founders is our most diverse group of founders yet, with almost 90 % of the startups having an underrepresented founder as part of their team,” said Hunter Walsh, 757 Startup Studios Program Manager. All startups will have access to state-of-the-art amenities that include: rent-free tenancy, customized programming, access to mentorship, office hours with subject matter experts, self-paced learning modules, and workshops.
“Startup Studios continues to evolve its model to better serve the needs of entrepreneurs across all industries from all different backgrounds,” said Monique Adams, 757 Collab Managing Director. 757 Startup Studios is the front door to the startup ecosystem here, in Hampton Roads, and part of the 757 vertical continuum of resources that includes 757 Angels and 757 Accelerate. “We are excited to introduce new workshops and modules that address critical learning gaps while we continue to build on our robust mentorship program. Our programs are increasingly touching founders across our community and having a positive impact across the region:” added Walsh. Come out and meet the founders at the Collab Holiday Social on December 7th.
Below are the startups that have been invited into the Studios founder community:
- AdvisorFinder, an online marketplace where people can find a financial advisor
- BanQSaf, a Fintech company that offers financial products such as micro/ personal loans to help fill in the wage gaps, leading to financial stability for our customers
- Bäro My Keys Inc, automates key exchange for short-term rentals – we’re the Amazon Locker of keys
- Coastal Catalogs, a book box business providing comfort and tranquility for travelers
- Date Jar LLC, An interactive dating guide via an app with a focus on improving your interpersonal relationships
- DrinKicks LLC, a sneaker-themed CPG company that is focused on the circular economy
- Fun1st Inc, an EdTech company with a mission to raise academic performance through immersive technologies
- High Cream Parlor, a small batch handmade infused ice cream company
- Monthlee, an online midterm furnished rental marketplace
- My Spouti, helps AFAB people pee – sitting or standing
- Naggy App, a revolutionary chore & task app that has a special feature to shut down the child’s phone if the chore is not completed
- Novus, creates security tools to provide peace of mind for non custodial wallet owners in web3
- OverAchieving Tea, a brewing and blending co specializing in healthy, energizing specialty tea
- RepTalk, an on-the-go and on-the-fly source of audible information for sales reps
- Rooa, The preservation of your human existence
- Spare Change, Micro-altruism for better mental health
- Team Tactics, a mobile app that supports coaches with real-time tactical information, live video, and other tools to provide a competitive edge and support team data management
- The BOBO Collective helps Black Owned Owned Consumer Packaged Goods Companies from sourcing to saleAbout 757 Startup Studios
757 Startup Studios is a non-profit incubator that acts as an innovation hub for growth-oriented startups focused on validating, developing, growing, and scaling their business efficiently. 757 Startup Studios’ programming and resources are tailored specifically for early-stage entrepreneurs. Unlike traditional co-working, 757 Startup Studios offers a six months rent-free tenancy, removing an obstacle for early-stage companies. Providing unparalleled resources and amenities, the space is co-located with 757 Angels and 757 Accelerate and offers access to Assembly amenities. 757 Startup Studios is part of 757 Collab, a vertically integrated community that together provides capital, acceleration, and an incubation arm—a unique, complete model for achieving success for the region’s entrepreneurial and startup ecosystem.
For more information, visit 757startupstudios.org.
About 757 Collab
757 Collab harnesses the power of 757 Angels, 757 Accelerate, and 757 Startup Studios providing capital, programs, and place to entrepreneurs in all stages of development. 757 Collab is located at the 757 Startup Studios within Assembly, an iconic campus for makers and creators in the heart of Downtown Norfolk. The Studios is a vibrant and inclusive community full of energy, inspiration, programming, and resources to support startup companies and founders. For more information, visit 757collab.org