FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Media Contact: Sam Workman
March 19, 2021 757-926-3785; firstname.lastname@example.org
First Set of Finalists from Start Peninsula Micro Pitch Announced
Last night, the first set of finalists for the 2021 Start Peninsula were announced following an online micro pitch competition. The finalists were C.A.S.S.I.E., Green Light and Pocket Properties App. In total, nine pitchers participated.
- C.A.S.S.I.E. (Clean Air System Smart Intelligent Environment) – C.A.S.S.I.E. is a patented, innovative air filter that uses IR (infrared radiation) technology to detect bioaerosol pollution and provide disinfection.
- Green Light – Green Light is a bidding platform that brings together people who want to trade their cars and dealers interested in buying those cars.
- Pocket Properties App – Pocket Properties App is a mobile-focused platform that allows users to buy and trade shares of income-based real estate for as low as $10. Users can collect monthly rent dividends and browse/analyze potential property investments.
Each finalist will receive a $500 prize and allowed to participate in the Wednesday, November 3 main pitch event where they will have a chance to win $5,000 to support their business growth and they will also have free access to local resources.
The next Start Peninsula micro pitch competition will be held on Wednesday, April 21. Early-stage businesses are invited to apply to participate. Two additional micro pitch competitions will be held on September 15 and October 6.
Judges for the first Micro Pitch included:
- Ian Frazier, 757 Accelerate
- Rachel Frazier, Launchpad and the Alan B. Miller Entrepreneurship Center at William & Mary
- Marty Kaszubowski, Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Old Dominion University
Start Peninsula 2021 is hosted by the City of Newport News, in partnership with the Cities of Hampton, Williamsburg and Poquoson and the Counties of James City and York. Start Peninsula has been held annually in different Peninsula localities since 2012. For more information about Start Peninsula please visit its website, Facebook page or the FAQ page.