Center for Innovative Technology previewed the Commonwealth Commercialization Fund (CCF) FY21 solicitation, which will provide grants up to $100,000 to advance young Virginia companies and their highly promising technologies that have traction through revenue and/or outside investment. Our goal: accelerate commercialization and drive economic growth in Virginia through your success.
Funding this round will support product or service development, market research, IP protection, marketing, pilots, and more. CCF will invite projects in seven targeted industries:
- Agricultural and environmental technologies
- Autonomous systems
- Clean energy
- Data science and analytics
- Life and health sciences
- Space and satellites
Visit their website for high-level program information, including eligibility criteria and qualified technologies, key dates, and application process.
The RFP will be issued in early January and will include guidelines and other resources, such as webinars. The first step is submitting an executive summary to profile your technology, business opportunity and role in growing Virginia’s economy. Executive summaries will be accepted beginning in early January with the release of the RFP and are due no later than Monday, February 8 at 12 noon.
There will be virtual briefings between mid-January and early February.
- Register for an upcoming virtual briefing session. All interested applicants are strongly encouraged to participate.
- Review the program information including industry and organization eligibility criteria as well as timeline and application process and be on the lookout for the RFP to be issued in early January.
- If you have received this email from a friend or colleague, please sign up for our listserv to receive future announcements directly.
- Know of someone who might be benefit from this opportunity? Please forward this email to others engaged in technology innovation and entrepreneurship in Virginia.
The Commonwealth Commercialization Fund (CCF) was established this past July when the Commonwealth Research Commercialization Fund (CRCF) and another state program, the Virginia Research Investment Fund (VRIF), were consolidated into this new fund. For information on awardees and Annual Reports from the CRCF and VRIF programs, visit their website and click on the program name.